Click to get Free Online Mock Test for NATA Aesthetic Sensitivity Paper!
Paper 1 – Aesthetic Sensitivity
The test is in two parts. A paper based drawing test for two hours and computer based online aesthetic sensitivity test for one hour.
This is a two hour paper where candidate has to attempt two questions. One of the questions has two sub questions.
The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects :
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner
- Sense of perspective drawing.
- Creating interesting two dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
- Creating visual harmony using colors in given composition.
- Understanding of scale and proportions.
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
- Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
This is computer based adaptive test of one hour where candidate has to answer 40 multiple choice questions. This means that each questions difficulty level and marks depend on whether the preceding question was answered right or wrong.
The aesthetic sensitivity test measures perception, imagination and observation, creativity and communication along with architectural awareness and comprises of –
- Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings.
- Visualizing different sides of three dimensional objects.
- Indentifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities.
- Analytical reasoning.
- Mental Ability.
- Imaginative comprehension and expression.
- Architectural awareness.